A search engine query for “Surrey website design agency” will certainly return a vast array of results. Listed will be both local and global agencies. So, how do you engage with the right one?
However, any WordPress website design Surrey agency needs to be asked some fundamental questions. The answers will subsequently help you sort out the best one for your project. You are trusting the chosen agency with your business and brand reputation after all.
Where is the Surrey website design agency based?
A WordPress website design agency certainly doesn’t have to be local. However, it can be highly advantageous to have an agency that is based in your local area and time zone.
A local agency working in towns such as Kingston, Epsom, Wimbledon or Chessington could be highly beneficial for a Surrey based business.
A local website design agency can consequently be much more responsive. Long-term relationships can subsequently develop as the business grows. What’s more, a local agency can understand the client and their business better through greater contact. Face-to-face meetings and site visits will thus be much easier.
How long has the website agency been operating?
You don’t want to work with a WordPress website design agency that could be here today and in contrast gone tomorrow. An established agency will likewise be there to support you for years to come.
What is the size of the website agency?
Above all, it’s good to know the size of the website agency that you are dealing with.
However, bigger doesn’t always mean better. The number of jobs on a big agency’s books can often see small businesses get lost as a result. What’s more, you may not get a unique and custom website design or the focus that you are looking for. Therefore, your business can fail to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
Working with a smaller local website design agency can, in contrast, have the added benefit of increased synergy. Furthermore, the local agency will get to know you and your business increasingly better. As a result, they can provide fast response times as well as face-to-face meetings.
Therefore, if your small business is based in Kingston then a website design agency in the town could be highly beneficial.
Likewise, a company located in Epsom could really prosper when working with a locally based agency.
Equally, a Wimbledon small business would do well to team up with a local website agency.
Similarly, a small business in Chessington could increase its local presence when teaming up with a Surrey website design agency in the area.
Does the Surrey website design agency have a portfolio you can review?
Every WordPress website design Surrey agency will certainly have a portfolio of work that you can review. Ideally this should be on their own website so that you can assess if that agency has a style that befits your business.
Website design style is another key to choosing any agency. You are paying for the talent of the designer to subsequently create a style of website that resonates with your business and client base.
Choosing an agency that has a style that fits with your business means that you will therefore be half of the way down the road to creating a website that generates results.
Key questions to ask will be:
- Do the designs appeal to you?
- Do they likewise look good on a desktop, tablet and mobile phone?
- How do you engage with the agency’s use of colour and images?
- Does the choice of font for each website similarly resonate with you?
- Can you see the agency consequently designing your small business website?
How much does the Surrey website agency charge?
This is an obvious question to certainly ask any WordPress Surrey website design agency. However, you need to ensure that both parties know what is being paid for and delivered to avoid any nasty surprises.
What deliverables are included in the price?
Ask the web design agency the following questions. Get in writing exactly what will be delivered for the price paid:
- Is the design unique or do they use templates?
- Does it include a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress?
- Can you make changes if the initial draft isn’t to your liking?
- Does it include a domain name?
- Will the domain name be registered to your company and not the agency?
- Does the agency include website hosting?
- How much Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is included?
- Will Google Analytics setup be included?
- Is Google Search Console setup included?
- Can they help with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation?
- Can the agency provide on-going support?
Find out how much these services cost if they are not already included. GDPR implementation, for example, is now a legal requirement for all European websites. Therefore, if the business cannot set this up themselves, an agency will need to help.
Can the website design agency provide testimonials?
Existing and previous customers can provide testimonials about the agency in addition to other useful information.
- Did the end results please them?
- Was the final website delivered on time?
- Was the agency helpful, communicative and easy to work with?
- Would they recommend them as a result?
References and testimonials will therefore give you a greater insight in to what it is like to work with your chosen WordPress Surrey website design agency.
Can you work with the agency?
Reaching out for an initial discussion will immediately tell you if you can subsequently work with the agency.
It’s imperative to establish a good relationship with your Surrey website design agency. You will be working closely with them on both this and potentially future projects. Therefore, the chosen agency has to be one you can have a good rapport with.
How long will it take to launch the website?
Timescales will certainly differ for all businesses. Therefore, its important to ask any WordPress website design Surrey agency how long it will take to launch? The subsequent answer will tell you if it fits in with the plans of your business or not.
What will the Surrey website design agency need from you?
You know your business better than anyone and thus what you want from your website. As a result, it’s crucial to be able to supply any information that the Surrey website design agency requires.
Some good knowledge to certainly have for any WordPress website design agency is:
- A range of websites that you like the look and style of.
- Can you supply any images or videos of your business and the products, people and processes that are behind it?
- If you already have the text for the website’s pages? Do you need the agency to help you with this? Bear in mind that SEO copywriting is different from normal copywriting.
- Does your business have a colour palette in place? Will the agency also help with guidance?
- Do you have a font book or do you need help choosing a style of font?
- Do you require website hosting?
Knowing the answers to these questions can go a long way to having a very productive initial discussion with any WordPress website design Surrey agency.
Questions to ask a WordPress Surrey website design agency in conclusion
One of the biggest milestones for any small business is launching a website. Therefore, choosing the best WordPress Surrey website design agency for your needs is key to making it a success.
Selecting the right agency can thus be a long process. However, a local website design Surrey agency, such as one in Kingston, Epsom, Wimbledon or Chessington, can achieve great synergy for any business.
Working with a smaller agency can equally have positive results. More client time and focus, combined with equally skilled designers, can often be more beneficial to small businesses.
Overall, the big question is what’s right for you? Budget, website style and what type of relationship you subsequently want with your WordPress Surrey website design agency are the major factors to consider.